Inside Out


My eyes were opened Sunday afternoon as I rushed the children into a pew at church just in time for the opening song. (I am working on it, okay)... My sis-in-law, Jess, grabbed my attention to a feeble old man, constrained by medical equipment to enable him to sit with less pain, hearing aids on both ears, a cane, and few teeth. "What happened?" She whispered. I discovered his sweet face, with evidence of a recent fall. He had fresh wounds and cheerfully sat in church ready to worship. It is humbling, makes you swallow in a moment of gratitude, for your circumstances. I thought as I wrestled a toddler, what if we could see the damage done from the inside out? What kind of attention would we attract? Like a scarlet letter on our foreheads, walking into a congregation with others who were likely "beat up" from the week, seeking strength and healing. Would we be more sensitive, or more judgmental? Would we be more careful and kind? Would we avoid certain people? The good news is that our Savior accepts us good or bad. We can always start today! What a blessing the Atonement is in my life.



Comments

Cassi Beatty said…
Love it mamer.