Charity Never Faileth

"Wherefore, my beloved brethren, if ye have not charity, ye are nothing, for charity never faileth. Wherefore, cleave unto charity, which is the greatest of all, for all things must fail—"   -Moroni 7:46


 
  This week has been one that I have looked forward to for a long while. I knew that I would be finished with my crazy work schedule and ready to accomplish my house chores that have been so neglected. I began this week with a "To-Do" list. What a feat! I have mastered the ability to mold my lists into challenging, but not too challenging goals to be completed. I know to make my deadline reasonable and my goals specific. In fact, I am accomplishing my list as I type this post, for I have a goal to update my blog with one post this week. I find that if I am not too over-bearing with my goals, I am more motivated to actually cross things off of the LIST!

I was reading the above scripture and thought of a woman who had charity today.  A woman and a man in fact. I went out to Staples to gather my free goodies (school supplies) and the boys did well. We then ventured to Publix. As we pulled into the parking lot, Oliver was shouting, "cookie." He seemed excited to get out of the car and get into the store. I was because it was starting to drizzle rain outside. Calvin was fast asleep. Oliver then proceeded to throw a fit because I got him out of the car. I am not sure exactly what he wanted, but he was probably tired. He continued to throw himself on the parking lot and cry. I offered him everything I could think of. I got Calvin out of his seat and he woke to sounds of Oliver screaming for mommy. I could not hold both of them because Oliver was kicking and screaming. Just then, an elderly woman crossed the parking lot. She said, "Can I help you," in the sweetest- charity- filled tone. My heart was softened.

I was embarrassed and did not want anyone to think that I beat my children or lacked discipline in their lives. She tried to get Oliver up with words and he just screamed more. She said, "Can I hold the baby for you." The spirit confirmed that it was okay and I got a cart to secure Oliver. She left quickly with a smile on her face and said, "I know how it is. I had two boys close in age once too." I want to cry as I reflect on the tender mercies the Lord shows us.
He will provide a way for us to carry out the covenants we've made. We love our children, but need the help of others sometimes.

While in the store, the boys were happy with their balloons and free cookies as I scurried around the store trying to gather a few things that I had on another list. Oliver began to scream at Calvin for attempting to eat his cookie. Of course Oliver would not change the hand the cookie was in to keep it away from Calvin. I had a flashback of my childhood in that moment. It was chaos. Calvin began to choke and in a flash I attended his needs. The seafood guy quickly came to our rescue with some paper towels and a kind heart.

I could look back on the day as horrible, but after studying the scriptures, I find that it was a glorious day! I hope you feel the same. Try to look for ways to be of good cheer and have charity, the true love of Christ, towards others.

Amz

P.S. The pictures are from this weekend we spent with family! We had fun catching up!

Comments